This position is for our Portsmouth, NH office.
Vital is looking for an organized, experienced and energized Bookkeeper to join our team. Bookkeepers at Vital have a critical role serving as the head of accounting and overseeing all financial aspects of Vital.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting
- Handle client invoicing and accounts receivable
- Oversee expense management
- Process payments and deposits
- Prepare payroll
- Prepare sophisticated financial reports for senior level management, ensuring accuracy and providing solutions
- Interprete reports with a financial eye to identify warnings
- Maintain the books to ensure an accurate management of accounts payable, receivable, financial entries and reconciliation
- Aim to maximize revenue and profit by improving processes within Vital
- Oversee budgeting, forecasting, and projections
- Establish and track KPIs for each department
- Negotiate with vendors
The Ideal candidate will:
- Have 4+ years of experience working as a Bookkeeper.
- Know the ins and outs of Quickbooks and other accounting systems.
- Know Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint like a pro (as well as Google Docs/Sheets).
- Be process-focused, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects at once.
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and take on CFO-like duties, or any relevant Accountant duties.
- Have excellent management skills and an exceptional attention to detail.
- Be a team player who is prepared to work closely with the amazing people at Vital.
- Competitive salary.
- Health benefits.
- Simple IRA.
- Great Perks – Read all about ’em →
- Flexible Work from Home Schedule:
- Fluid workday hours (we just ask that you find time for 8 hours of work).
- Freedom to choose a hybrid WFH and/or in-office schedule.