This position is for our Portsmouth, NH office.
Vital is looking for an organized, experienced and energized Controller to join our team. Controllers at Vital have a critical role serving as the head of accounting and overseeing all financial aspects of Vital.
- Preparation of sophisticated financial reports for senior level management, ensuring accuracy and providing solutions.
- Interpreting reports with a financial eye and identifying warnings.
- Oversees bookkeeping, and the monthly close of the books.
- Aims to maximize revenue and profit by improving processes within Vital.
- Budgeting, forecasting, projections
- Analyzing financial data.
- Establishing and tracking KPIs for each department
- Vendor negotiations
- Reviews all formal finance, HR & IT related procedures.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Have 7-10 years experience working as a controller.
- Know the ins and outs of Quickbooks and other accounting systems.
- Know Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint like a pro (and Google Docs/Sheets).
- Be process-focused, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects at once.
- Be a team player who is prepared to work closely with a team.
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and take on CFO-like duties, or bookkeeper duties.
- Have excellent management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Be process focused.
- Competitive salary.
- Health benefits.
- Simple IRA.
- Great Perks – Read all about ’em →
- Flexible/Work from Home Schedule
- Fluid workday hours (we just ask that you find time for 8 hours of work)
- Freedom to choose a flexible WFH and/or in-office schedule