Are you a super organized “people person” with a can-do attitude and a flair for keeping complex projects on track and on budget? You could be Vital’s next Senior Account Manager!
Senior Account Managers at Vital serve as the critical link between our clients and our internal teams of digital marketing, website development, design, multimedia, and content specialists. As a Senior Account Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all the tasks necessary to meet each client’s needs and objectives — whether that means taking charge of a large website build or managing ongoing digital marketing activities such as PPC campaigns, email marketing, content marketing, and more.
Senior Account Managers require 2+ years of agency or company side marketing experience. Compensation varies depending on experience.
- Self-manage a full account load.
- Proactively pitch projects based on industry and competitor expertise.
- Understands the digital marketing strategy and can speak to our recommended projects and next steps – Can talk at a high-level about SEO, design, dev, etc.
- Comfortable having difficult conversations with clients about improving the relationship and/or process.
- Grows account by increasing retainer budget or extra projects.
- Manage client expectations through proactive communication and scope management.
- Manage production and timelines to ensure on-time, on-budget completion of all tasks within a project or ongoing digital marketing initiative.
- Work with our senior digital marketing, website development, and brand strategists to develop project plans that meet client objectives.
- Work with our awesome designers, developers, copywriters, photographers, and other media-production specialists to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Attend and help lead project kickoffs, weekly client status update calls, periodic planning meetings, and other critical milestone meetings.
- Manage client billing and look for opportunities to add value through additional projects and initiatives.
- Become the in-house expert of the client’s business and industry.
- Stay informed about industry developments and best practices and apply cross-platform learning to benefit your clients.
- Help make Vital a better place by finding opportunities to help improve our culture, our process, and our client results.
Skills & Requirements:
- Have at least four years experience working as a client-facing account manager in an agency.
- Have experience managing projects within one or more of the following disciplines:
- Performance-based digital marketing with a focus on traffic and lead generation
- Website development and design
- Multimedia production (photo and video shoots, podcasting, etc.)
- Brand strategy, including naming, messaging, and visual identity
- Have experience using project management software to keep projects on track.
- Have a working knowledge of digital marketing, website development/design, and/or brand strategies and best practices. We get especially excited about candidates who have experience in some or all of these disciplines:
- Website information architecture and UI/UX
- Wireframing and website content strategy
- Blogging and content marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Marketing automation
- Link building
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing
- Know Google Workspace apps like a pro. We’d love it if you were comfortable with WordPress, too.
- Be process-focused, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects at once.
- Be comfortable leading both internal and client meetings and calls.
- Be a team player who is prepared to work closely with a creative team.
- Have excellent client management and communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
Bonus Points, But Not Required:
- Have experience using Google Analytics to track and measure performance.
- Have experience using digital marketing tools such as Hubspot, Moz, Sprout Social, Buffer, MailChimp, Constant Contact, BuzzSumo, CrazyEgg, etc.
- Have experience using project management and collaboration tools such as Teamwork, GatherContent, Invision, and Userback.
- Competitive salary.
- Health benefits.
- Simple IRA.
- Flexible Work from Home Schedule:Fluid workday hours (we just ask that you find time for 8 hours of work).
- Freedom to choose a hybrid WFH and/or in-office schedule.
- Great Perks – Read all about ’em →
To learn more about us and apply for this position, go to our jobs page.
If this job opportunity sounds like you, we should chat. Make sure you include a cover letter that highlights why you want to work at Vital and your salary requirements.