At Vital, we refer to our Account Directors as Strategists, because they’re the ones who plan and oversee the success of an account – potentially managing multiple clients, points of contact, and projects within it. Our Strategists act as a bridge between sales and the Account Managers, helping to transition a new account from sales, building trust with the client and setting the AM up for success.
We’re looking for forward thinkers — those who are up to date on the latest industry news and technologies, and are able to communicate opportunities to clients before they may even recognize a need. If you can direct the overall account strategy without getting bogged down in day-to-day project management responsibilities, then you could be our next Strategist.
- Oversees the overall success (meeting goals and objectives) of an account, including all the clients, projects, and retainers within that account.
- Builds a strong working relationship with the client.
- Proactively recommends new ideas and strategies to grow accounts with clients.
- Responds with detailed answers to client and AM questions about strategy best practices.
- Capable of having difficult discussions with the client around budget, hours, and scope of projects.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of client’s business, industry + competition.
- Pitches + defends agency work, concepts, and proposals.
- Handles project setup by determining the right steps/process for complex projects.
- Ensures quality assurance by making sure that deliverables are on brand and achieve client goals.
- Presents reports to the client in a monthly meeting.
- Runs kick-off meetings and quarterly calendar meetings to set and maintain strategy and direction to meet clients goals and objectives.
- Keeps track of sales and account growth.
- Work closely with the account management team to over-deliver on client accounts and build strong, lasting relationships.
- Stay informed about digital marketing industry developments and be able to utilize these developments to your clients’ benefit.
- Work with our awesome designers, developers, copywriters, photographers, and other media-production specialists to get projects done on time and on budget.
Skills & Requirements:
- Have 2+ years of experience strategizing, executing, measuring, and reporting on successful digital marketing strategies.
- Be process-focused, with the ability to participate in multiple complex projects at once.
- Be a team player who is prepared to work closely with a creative team.
- Have excellent client management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Have experience in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. We’d love it if you were comfortable with WordPress, too.
- Have experience using Google Analytics to track and measure performance.
- Have experience using marketing automation tools such as HubSpot, Pardot, Marketo, Act-On, Eloqua, or Infusionsoft.
- Have experience using other digital marketing tools such as SEMRush, AHrefs, Moz, Sprout Social, Buffer, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Hotjar and so on.
Bonus Points, But Not Required:
- Be inbound marketing certified (via HubSpot).
- Be HubSpot certified.
- Be Google Analytics certified.
- Be Google Ads certified.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Benefits.
- Simple IRA.
- Great Perks – Read all about ’em →
- Flexible Work from Home Schedule:
- Fluid workday hours (we just ask that you find time for 8 hours of work).
- Freedom to choose a hybrid WFH and/or in-office schedule.
To learn more about us and apply for this position, go to our jobs page.
If this job opportunity sounds like you, we should chat. Make sure you include a cover letter that highlights why you want to work at Vital and your salary requirements.